Overview of Enhancements to BOES, DVER and GIER Applications
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 — 2:00 p.m. Eastern
By enhancing and interconnecting the Global Intermodal Equipment Registry (GIER), Driver Vehicle Examination Report Service (DVER) and the Bad Order Equipment Status Service (BOES), IANA offers industry tools focused on ensuring a road ready chassis fleet.
Please join Information Services staff for an overview of the following new enhancements to these program that are available to both industry and the enforcement community:
Driver Vehicle Examination Report Service (DVER)
- System upgrade and portal for State and Federal Enforcement’s use for DVER maintenance, compliance audits and automatic MCMIS update as MCs and IEPs use the system to validate DVER repairs;
- Connect and enable communication and information flow between IEPs, MCs and State and Federal Enforcement;
- Enhance reporting and benchmarking of violation metrics for all parties; and
- Removal of the intermodal filter to enable delivery of DVERs to all Motor Carriers, not just intermodal (future item).
Global Intermodal Equipment Registry (GIER)
- Inclusion of CA BIT inspection data, as well as prompt population of the FMCSA annual inspection date;
- The ability to maintain intermodal chassis inspection forms and inspector certification documentation;
- Linkage with IANA’s DVER, BOES, Gate Control (GCS) and Street Interchange applications in regards to notice of lapsed inspections; and
- Additional equipment fields for IEP fleet analysis, as well as container registration functionality.
Bad Order Equipment Status (BOES)
- Expanded web portal for all BOES activities;
- BOES (Y/N) field in GIER allowing BOES users to select GIER as method of notification if equipment is bad ordered;
- Addition of optional ability to release all outstanding BOES request IDs on a piece of equipment;
- Addition of the ability to process container/genset bad order and repair notifications;
- Addition of the ability to track repair turn time from original notification through release; and
- Maintain IEP’s fleet file where bi-lateral agreement exists on units.