Overview of Enhancements to BOES and GIER — for Intermodal Equipment Providers
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 — 2:00 p.m. Eastern
By enhancing and interconnecting the Global Intermodal Equipment Registry (GIER) and the Bad Order Equipment Status Service (BOES), IANA offers industry tools focused on ensuring a road ready chassis fleet.
Please join Information Services staff for an overview of the following enhancements to these programs that were released earlier this year and are currently available to Intermodal Equipment Providers that are GIER and BOES subscribers:
Global Intermodal Equipment Registry (GIER)
- Inclusion of CA BIT inspection data, as well as prompt population of the FMCSA annual inspection date;
- The ability to maintain intermodal chassis inspection forms and inspector certification documentation;
- Linkage with IANA’s BOES applications in regards to notice of lapsed inspections; and
- Additional equipment fields for IEP fleet analysis, as well as container registration functionality.
Bad Order Equipment Status (BOES)
- Expanded web portal for all BOES activities
- BOES (Y/N) field in GIER allowing BOES users to select GIER as method of notification if equipment is bad ordered.
- Addition of optional ability to release all outstanding BOES request IDs on a piece of equipment;
- Addition of the ability to process container/genset bad order and repair notifications;
- Addition of the ability to track repair turn time from original notification through release; and
- Maintain IEP’s fleet file where bi-lateral agreement exists on units.
- Focus on benefits of using GIER and BOES
- Provide a demo of the enhancements to each program