Overview of IANA’s BOES Application — for Intermodal Equipment Providers, Facility Operators and Maintenance & Repair Vendors
Thursday, October 26, 2017 — 2:00 p.m. Eastern
IANA’s Bad Order Equipment Status Service — BOES provides a clearinghouse for equipment status information (bad order, gate hold, release) that allows for standardization of data communication formats, simplification of operating system interconnectivity and streamlining of trading partner information for all subscribers related to bad order equipment. This webinar will walk IEPs, Facility Operators and Maintenance and Repair Vendors through the features and functionalities of the BOES application to show how it can be used as an industry tool for ensuring a road ready chassis.
In addition, IANA will provide an overview of the enhanced functionalities available in the BOES application that include:
- Expanded web portal for all BOES activities
- BOES (Y/N) field in GIER allowing BOES users to select GIER as method of notification if equipment is bad ordered.
- Addition of optional ability to release all outstanding BOES request IDs on a piece of equipment;
- Addition of the ability to process container/genset bad order and repair notifications;
- Addition of the ability to track repair turn time from original notification through release; and
- Maintain IEP’s fleet file where bi-lateral agreement exists on units.
- Focus on benefits of using BOES for IEPs, Facility Operators & Maintenance and Repair Vendors