Becoming a Member
We invite you to join IANA and enjoy the following benefits that your membership will provide:
- Concentrated promotion of the benefits of intermodal transportation on behalf of all stakeholder groups
- Visibility of your company within the industry and the opportunity to network with peers and customers through multiple venues
- Professional development through various educational offerings
- The ability to participate in a mode neutral forum that considers all viewpoints and develops consensus solutions to common industry challenges and business processes
- The ability to collectively influence and shape the legislative and regulatory environment under which the intermodal industry must operate
- Reduced fees for all of IANA’s products, programs and services
IANA's membership of over 1,000 corporate members is broken down into voting and non-voting categories.
Voting membership — comprised of five divisions
- 3PL Division — companies that act as shipping intermediaries that arrange, purchase and sell intermodal freight shipments
- Marine Division — companies that provide freight transportation by water that has prior or subsequent movement by another transportation mode; also includes intermodal stacktrain transportation companies, port authorities and port terminal operators
- Motor Carrier Division — companies that provide truck transportation of freight that may or may not have a prior or subsequent movement by another mode of transportation
- Rail Division — companies that provide intermodal rail transportation and associated intermodal terminal services
- Supplier Division — companies that provide products or services other than transportation to any member of the association, covering a broad spectrum of service and product providers
Non-Voting membership allows the inclusion of other organizations and individuals with influence and interest in intermodal transportation.
- Associate — limited to individual representatives from government and the military, associations, shippers/receivers, the academic community, students, media and other related organizations
- At-Large — limited to individuals employed by IANA member companies. At-Large members receive all the benefits of full membership except voting privileges
For questions or to discuss how IANA membership can benefit your company, contact Jim Morrow, assistant vice president, member services at 301-982-3400, ext. 314 or email@example.com.