Mission & Benefits of Participation in the UIIA
To promote intermodal productivity and operating efficiencies through the development of uniform industry processes and procedures governing the interchange of intermodal equipment between ocean carriers, railroads, equipment leasing companies and intermodal trucking companies.
Benefits of UIIA Participation
- Reduces the administration of the interchange process, increasing staff productivity.
- Eliminates the need of managing individual interchange contracts and collecting separate insurance filings.
- Collects and validates insurance information against Equipment Provider's UIIA requirements.
- Provides online web portal and reporting tool to access real-time Motor Carrier status information and reports 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Manages your addendum process with the motor carriers you do business with in addition to administering notification of any changes to your addendum terms.
- Manages your specific Motor Carriers as a subset of database of approximately 8,000 UIIA Motor Carriers by SCAC code and/or EP internal code.
- Conducts random audits of Motor Carrier's insurance policies at the request of participating Equipment Providers.
- Provides continuity and a "personal" approach to resolving issues quickly by having dedicated customer service representatives available as well as extended customer service hours of 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Offers access to IANA’s Street Interchange Application (SIA), which provides a web portal to facilitate street interchanges/street turns and captures an electronic record of the transaction.
- Expedites the interchange of your equipment by providing interchange status information directly to the facilities you utilize via IANA's Terminal Feed Service (TFS). This is a value-added service available to participating UIIA Equipment Providers.